ComfortWiseSM homes are designed and built for energy efficiency and have been independently inspected for quality and energy features. As a result, ComfortWisehome owners enjoy may lower energy bills, more comfort, quality construction, reduced maintenance and higher resale value and are contributing to a cleaner environment. ComfortWise is a voluntary program in which builders choose to partake and includes the following features as standard:
Engineered HVAC design
Each floorplans Heating,Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system is designed by a registered mechanical engineer.
- More efficient heating and cooling systems mean greater comfort.
- Evenly distributed air flows help mitigate the too hot, too cold feeling.
- Fewer maintenance problems associated with the heating and cooling equipment because it is right sized.
- A quieter home due to elimination of oversized equipment and undersized returns.
- Lower utility bills than homes without the ComfortWise program features.
HVAC ducts are sealed for optimum performance per rigid ComfortWise protocols.
- Improved indoor air quality.
- Less dust, pollen and other pollutants.
- Lower heating and cooling costs.
- Consistent comfort level throughout the home.
- Fewer drafts.
Spectrally selective glass
High performance windows reduce energy loss, fabric fade and energy bills.
- Reflects the suns heat outside in the summer.
- Reduces heat loss in the winter.
- Blocks 75% of the infrared and ultraviolet solar energy that causes fabric fade.
- Lets in nearly all visible sunlight without tint.
- Reduces energy bills.
Inspections & diagnostics
ComfortWise homes are inspected to ensure they comply with rigid standards.
- Confirms that specified materials are installed.
- Inspects quality of installations and assists builder in conforming to required protocols.
- Ensures that the house performs as planned.
- Documents energy upgrades, inspections and diagnostics, increased energy efficiency and energy savings.